Introduction: Welcome to our Chess ELO to IQ Calculator! While chess proficiency and intelligence are distinct attributes, studies have shown a moderate correlation between the two. This tool provides a fun way to estimate your IQ based on your chess ELO rating. Remember, this is a rough estimation and not a definitive measure of one’s IQ.
- Enter your Chess ELO rating in the box below.
- Click on the “Calculate” button.
- Your estimated IQ will be displayed.
How Does This Work?
This calculator uses the equation:
Estimated IQ= Chess ELO−1000 / 10+100
For example, an ELO rating of 2000 would estimate an IQ of 200. This equation assumes that an average ELO of 1000 corresponds to an average IQ of 100, and every 10 points increase in ELO corresponds to a 1 point increase in IQ.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- This is a fun tool and should not be used as a definitive measure of one’s intelligence.
- IQ is a complex measure influenced by various factors, including genetics, environment, education, and more.
- Chess skill, while correlated with IQ, is also influenced by experience, training, and dedication.
Further Reading: For those interested in the science behind the correlation between Chess ELO and IQ, check out our blog post on the topic.
Disclaimer: This tool is for entertainment purposes only. For a comprehensive assessment of your intelligence, please consult a professional.